Resorts, Ski Schools, Guides, Equipment, Restaurants, Bars, Airport Transfers, Friends, Respect
- Auris en Oisans - Our closest resort, a 5 minute drive to 45 kilometers of green, blue, red and black piste with plentiful off-piste. Auris Express Chairlift access to the Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine.
- Alpe d'Huez - Isle au Soleil or Island in the Sun. The resort begins at 1,250 and climbs to 3,330 metres. Like Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d'Huez is one of the highest altitude resorts in Europe. Holding the prestigious Famille plus status and voted 2nd best Ski Resort in Europe for 2016.
- Les Deux Alpes - Second oldest Ski resort in France with 225km of piste. Beginning at 1,650m and lifts run to 3,600 m on the Glacier. The Grand Galaxy Pass includes 1 day with an Alpe d'Huez week ski pass for access to this excellent resort.
- La Grave - Freeski paradise, but be aware your ski/snowboard level requires at least an intermediate to advanced level of experience. An avalanche pack is required, as advised by the Ski Patrol at the lift station kiosk. NB. no groomed runs, no snow cannon, no ski patrol and no avalanche control.
- Serre Chevalier - 250km of piste, ranging from 1200m to 2,800m. Including a lovely mix of beginner and advanced slopes from lushious tree runs to steep and deep red and black runs. Encompassing the villages of Chantemerle, Villeneuve, and Le Monêtier-les-Bains, with the Unesco Heritage citadel site of Briançon at the east end of the valley that also has a SNCF train station available. Boasting 300 days of sunshine a year, it is also a popular summer destination for hiking, mountain biking, climbing and paragliding.
- Our closest airport Grenoble is 1 hour 25 minutes drive to the Chalet or 2 hours with Bens Bus. Flights are only available during the Winter months.
- Lyon Airport is 2 hours 25 minutes drive to the Chalet. Flight frequency is all year round.
- Chambery Airport is 1 hours 40 minutes drive to the Chalet. Flights are only available during the Winter months.
- Turin Airport is 2.5 hours drive to the Chalet. Flight frequency is all year round.
- Bens Bus - Operating from our nearest airport Grenoble to Bourg d'Oisans. A Return ski transfer from Grenoble to Bourg d’Oisans with Ben’s Bus will cost just £40pp Return. With discounts on large groups and children under 12.
- Chairlift transfers operate between Lyon, Grenoble, Geneva and Chambery. Chairlift Prices.
- Ski and Snowboard lessons in Auris - ESF Auris
Services, Après-Ski, Local Restaurants, Bars
Physio 2Alpes - Local mobile Physio who can come to the Alpine Heros chalet based on a minimum of a 2 person booking.
No. (+44) - 789 153 7534
Email Physio 2 Alpes
- Assessment and diagnosis of your injury/pain
- Treatment of muscle/joint/ligament injuries
- Muscular and Joint pain relief
- Application of supportive strapping
- Supply and fitting of knee braces
Auberge de la Foret - Traditional French cuisine and Savoyard Mountain Specialities, 5 minutes drive or 25 minutes walk from the chalet.
Located in lovely surroundings and with large fireplace and suntrap terrace during the warm summer months.
Have a look at the delicious Auberge de la Foret Menu .
No. (+33) - 04 76 80 06 01 Contact the Auberge de la Foret.
The Schuss Bar and Restaurant - Tapas, cocktails, crepes, map & menus, and traditional Savoyard mountain specialties.Theme nights. Tasting of Périgord. Sun terrace with sunbeds, wifi lounge with large (broadcasting sporting events) screen.
No. (+33) - 04 76 80 08 44
Email Auris Schuss
Sphere bar - located in the center of Alpe d'Huez, local and friendly bar with live music, great drink promos, food and extreme sports shown on big screens!
La Folie Douce Located at 2300m at the top of the Marmottes 1 Telesiege in Alpe d'Huez. Experience the live cabaret acts, DJ and the craZy shower for the quintessential Après-ski party on the piste!
Smithy's Tavern - Alpe d'Huez & Les Deux Alpes
Renowned as the entertainment hub for your nights out, start or finish! Great food and staff, call in for a demi or there awesome food menu. So far the the Hot Wings Challenge has been completed by two of our Alpine Heros guests, with the resident Alpine Hero completing the FATBOY Burger (8burgers in one)!
Lounge 21 - Alpe d'Huez
This is one of our personal favorites, as it us for our guests. Relaxed atmosphere and comfort both by the bar or at the dinner table. The menu is excellent all-round with friendly staff and great cocktails!
Red Frog Facebook page - Les Deux Alpes
Good music, good atmosphere and good times! Food and drink served throughout the day in this Irish inspired bar that likes ROCK music alot :D. On the Venosc side of town not far from the Diable chairlift.
Smokey Joes - Les Deux Alpes Live music, friendly atmosphere and food served from 10am, located right by the main sqaure and the Jandri Express lift.
- Staunch Industries - Our good friends at Staunch are a design led lifestyle brand that celebrates the Great Outdoors through our design and apparel range. Inspired and fuelled through our contemporary ideas, our aquatic relationship with the North Sea and Scotland's wild places.
Twitter Staunch Surf
- Axe and Paddle Bushcraft - Axe and Paddle Bushcraft practice and teach traditional green woodworking crafts and bushcraft skills through outdoor courses, and make and sell handmade crafts, carvings and jewellery.
Twitter Axe and Paddle
- Cotswold Yurts - Unique boutique Cotswolds holiday accommodation between Stroud and Cirencester.
- Rose Yoga - Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher based in Gloucestershire.
- Cycle Huez - Located just as you roll off the finish line of the 21 Bends - Cycle Huez offer road bike hire and experienced road bike servicing
- Rocky Sports - MTB and Roadbike hire and servicing, located in the Eclose-Est region of Alpe d'Huez
- Soho Bikes London - In central Soho, for your urban, singlespeed and roadbike needs. Grab a Coffee while you wait!
- Lewes Cycle Shack Bike Sales and Servicing. If your in the Lewes area go check them out!